Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Labor Day weekend

Back to work after a nice long weekend. yay.

It was very hard to drag my ass out of bed today. If I didn't have to feed demanding dogs every morning, there's no way I'd ever get up before 10. It's not that I don't get enough sleep- it's just that I'm lazy and I love sleeping.

So I guess I owe you readers (if there are any) a little info about me. I'm 29, female, married, a recent college graduate (Summa Cum Laude...go me), and employed full time in a job that has nothing to do with my college degree. My degree is in paralegal studies. I'm holding out here for now, because the job is easy, this company will allow me to work from home and keep my insurance and 401-K when DH and I have a baby, which we're planning to do in the next year or so.

Politically, I'm conservative with heavy emphasis on civil liberties. I'm registered Republican so I can vote in primaries in my state, but I'm increasingly interested in the Libertarian party. I'd rather bleed from my eyeballs than vote for a Democrat. (Gee...is that concise enough?) I basically believe that people's lives should be free from unnecessary interference by the government. My main departures from the Republican party include my belief that gays should be allowed to marry, that the "war on drugs" is a huge waste of resources, and that churches should keep their big noses out of government.

Religious, I'm not. I was raised Catholic but became agnostic around age 19. If I were compelled to pick a religion right now, it would probably be Buddhism. It seems to me the only one that makes sense, and the only one that's not power drunk. I'd never attend any other Christian church except a Catholic one; the ritual and familiarity are what I'm used to. Plus, evangelical churches are just plain creepy. Another thing I'd prefer bleeding eyes to is being Muslim. Violence, misogyny, ass-backwardsness, black tents as my sole fashion option...hey, that's the religion for me!!!

I have a lot of pet peeves. Many of them have to do with poor speech and careless writing. Others include smoking (no truer believer than a convert- I'm an ex-smoker), shitty parenting, unwed parents, druggies, animal abuse/neglect (a PETA fan I'm not, however- crazies, the lot of them), welfare leeches, man haters, those drunks that stand on the side of the highway with "Homeless Vet- Need Help- God Bless" signs, and store-bought ready to eat food.

Believe it or not, there are things I like: cooking, baking, reading, crafts, painting, dogs, driving, computers, Neal Boortz, Dr. Laura, Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, crocheting, news junkie-ism, gardening, organizing, law, and most of all, my husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home