Wednesday, September 07, 2005

A little bit of nostalgia

When I was in high school, my friends and I put together a "Pet Peeves" list. It was a constant source of discussion at the lunchroom table, and the list became an entity unto itself.

Here's my own grammar/spelling version for September 7, 2005.

~ Your/you're, there/their, less/fewer, its/it's - they're not that difficult to tell the difference between!

~ "Irregardless" is not a word. "Regardless" is.

~ Saying "we was," "they done," "you is," and "ax a question" are good ways to show people you're a moron.

Get it straight, dammit! Not surprisingly, most of the people I know that make these errors are the same ones that complain about Mexican immigrants not speaking enough English. Way to set a good example when you can't even speak/write your own language, you big dumb animal!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home