Saturday, October 21, 2006

A close call at 3 a.m.

My crochet group had a meetup today at a local yarn shop, but I could not drag my carcass out of bed this morning to attend. We had an interesting event last night at the casita that caused me to be up well past 3 a.m.

I was in bed barely asleep and my husband was playing a computer game at about 2:45 a.m. when our phone rang. Some guy on the other end asked my husband if he sold drugs. Of course my husband said "No," but the guy was persistent and then told my husband he'd better go check his front door.

Needless to say, that freaked my hubby out a little. He woke me up, 9mm in hand, and we both listened quietly (inside the house, burglar alarm set) for several minutes before calling the cops. The local PD showed up pretty quickly and checked things out. We talked briefly to them and they left. I went back to bed, but the adrenaline kept me awake for quite a while.

It was likely either a wrong number or a prank, but if it had not been, someone could have gotten their stupid arse shot by either my sweet darling or by me. Never mess with two good shots who have a baby, ourselves, and 3 beloved dogs to protect!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home