Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Two articles that have pissed me off

While these two articles are not necessarily today's hot topics, they are two things I have been stewing about for a few days. I also felt like I needed to finish my "100 Things" post before putting these up.

This article is but one illustration of why I think PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) sucks.

This group of so-called animal lovers has publicly blasted Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter, after his tragic death from a stingray barb to the chest. Their website calls him a "cheap reality TV star" who made a career out of "antagonizing frightened wild animals."

I am one of the biggest animal lovers you will ever meet. Steve Irwin's show was not necessarily the kind I'd like to watch, but that was mostly because I am terrified of snakes. However, I certainly have always had deep respect for his sincere affection for animals. For PETA to publicly lambast a still-warm dead man is shameful.

This article is a perfect illustration of why radical Islam truly frightens me. The reaction of Muslims to a quote taken out of context from a 14th Century writing shows with perfect clarity that the controversial quotation still holds true: Islam is indeed a violent, evil, and inhuman religion. Its followers claim they "will go on until Islam takes over the world."

This is yet another reason why I support the war we are currently in, why I am going to get my concealed weapon permit on Friday morning, and why I am eternally grateful to live in a country where people are free to practice or not practice religion, however they see fit.

Neal Boortz said it best this morning. This is not a war on terror. Terror is a tactic; you don't declare war on tactics. This is a war on radical Islam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home