Monday, September 12, 2005

Yucky Weekend

Well, I spent Saturday and Sunday being sick. It sucked. I'm still sick today, but came to work anyway. I felt it coming on late Friday night- the itchy tickle in my soft palate that signals sinus trouble is in the mail. My ears started feeling full and I took a decongestant before bed. Saturday morning, I woke up with a horrible sore, swollen, scratchy throat from all the drainage. I basically wound up being a vegetable all day long, alternating between sleeping in bed and napping on the couch.

DH was kind enough to pick up dinner that would not irritate my throat further. I had some lovely, soft, and tasty chicken and dumplins from Cracker Barrel. I woke up just long enough to realize that the Nebraska game WAS in fact on TV in our area. They stomped the Wake Forest Deacons 31-3. Go Huskers! After my drug-induced sleep all day, DH wound up waking me from the couch around 11:30 and telling me to go to bed. I slept all night, occasionally waking briefly and then falling back asleep.

The crappiest part about being sick all day was having to cancel our blood donation appointment for Sat. morning. I was already several weeks behind, but it'll have to wait again.

Sunday was not much different, except that I actually woke up and stayed awake after about 2:30 in the afternoon. Mind you, this doesn't mean I left the house or even got dressed, but I did take a shower and put on fresh lounge wear. I was a bit productive, however- I did some laundry and dishes, and continued reading my current book, The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum. I also made dinner- meatloaf and mashed potatoes.

DH and I watched two back to back episodes of Rome last night on HBO. It promises to be a very good series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home