Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Getting down with the sickness

No, not the crappy nu-metal song, but real sickness- the kind involving copious amounts of sleeping, sneezing, snotting, snorting, and spitting.

Been sick with a cold for the past few days. Hubby had it last week, I came down with it Friday night, just in time to ruin my weekend. I had to call in sick to my animal rescue volunteer gig on Saturday, and stayed home from work yesterday. Staying home from work = not that bad. Not getting to play with and love on homeless doggies = real craptacular.

The crappiest thing about the germ sitch is that my new niece is being born today. Hubby thinks we should abstain from the hospital. DAMMIT, I am certifiably baby crazy. You do NOT get between a hormonal, desperate-to-be-pregnant chick and a newborn - you stick your hand in there, you'll pull back a bloody nub. If I have to wear a surgical mask and forego that wonderful baby smell for now, so be it, but I at least wanna hold little Alexandra (Lexi for short) on the day of her entrance into the world!

Ahh, almost forgot...obviously, the blog has a new look.

Blogger.com has quite a few templates to choose from, and I thought I'd go with something more colorful. You like?

Oh. I've been thinking lately. I know I have at least one regular reader. Anyone else? No one ever comments, and my ego is suffering for it.

I know there are at least two other blogs that I read/comment on regularly, whose authors spare nary a word of encouragement or dissent on my lowly blog, *ahemdoug* *ahemmatt*.

You want readers, guys, you gotta read others' stuff and post comments. It's the polite thing to do.

1 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, January 25, 2006, Blogger First Year said...

I just found your blog today. I like it, and think I will become a regular reader. :)

I have a mini-rant about the cold situation. My boyfriend (the living in sin variety) got a cold, passed it to me, I passed it to him and we were sick for a month. Just a random suggestion, have hubby/you pick up some ziacam, thats what finally broke the cycle for us :)

Feel better soon!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home