Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Update (who can come up with witty titles every time?)

Ok, ok, so it's been two weeks since my last post. Didja miss me?

Not like anyone READS this blog, anyway. I have several that I read faithfully, and only one provides semi-daily posts...Velociman. The rest of y'all suck balls.

Made some cookies last night, freakin' YUM. Alton Brown's recipe for chewy chocolate chip, with the addition of half a bag of Reese's peanut butter chips. Quite tasty and dewishus. Dinner consisted of chicken and rice with creamy cilantro sauce.

I've added a whole new routine to my life lately. Upon hearing that household maintenance can be a source of stress for me, my counselor recommended I visit a website called FlyLady.net. FlyLady's website is intended to help homemakers, be they stay at home moms or paid worker bees, to get and keep their homes in order - clean, de-cluttered, and inviting - with minimal stress.

I've been paying this man $25 an hour for two months (thank goodness for insurance), and the most helpful thing he's done so far is recommend a website that doesn't cost me a dime. You sign up for their email list and visit the site daily for tips. It's great, and I've wished I knew more women who care about having a clean house, so I could recommend it.

Most of the women I work with think that homemaking is for the boids. They don't cook for their families, and would rather work overtime (well, they CALL it working...) than spend time at home. I wonder sometimes how these people live. I can't imagine eating fast food all the time, or even the nasty packaged convenience foods I pass at the grocery store (like those disgusting looking casserole things...*shudder*). Spurious ingredients, those- chock full o' preservatives, saturated fat, and imitation cheese product, while simultaneously lacking vitamins, minerals, and fiber. MMmmmmkay, no thanks. Think I'll pass on arteriosclerosis and the bee-gees (bubble guts).

Fark all that noise! I'd rather be at home, in a sparkling clean and comfortable house with my husband and dogs, eating delicious and healthy (or at least healthier) food that I made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home