Thursday, February 23, 2006

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Nothing pisses me off more than being caught speechless.

The manager of a department I work with (not FOR) just came raging into my office about 20 minutes ago, bitching me up one side and down the other.

I had copied/pasted a file note into an email, informing one of our customers of a situation because the customer emailed me asking.

The file note I pasted didn't seem to me to be anything more than informative, but apparently it revealed to our customer some fuckup of said manager's people. This is not the first time this manager and her people have been caught with their pants down.

So who gets yelled at? Me. Because I sent our customer the information.

And what does my dumb ass do? I sit there at my desk while she hollers at me. I am left utterly without words.

I have a precarious position in this company. I am not a manager, but I do not have a manager either. I report directly to the owner, and he's away skiing. Because the work I do involves frequent contact with this manager and her department, she has (more than once) acted like I am her employee, to berate and bitch at upon at her slightest whim.

I fucking hate how I can't ever come up with good defensive maneuvers when I'm in a situation like this. I am left angry at the other person, feeling abused, pissed at myself, and feeling weak.

*sigh*

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, February 27, 2006, Blogger The Errant Cook said...

You better believe it. But I got the chance to vent a little on Friday...the operations manager talked to me about it, and she was nice. I told her, "Look, if said manager has a problem with something I've done, she can either talk to me like a person or take it up with my boss. I work WITH her, not FOR her, and she doesn't need to be yelling at me like that."

Hrumph.

Luckily, Thursday night was Jazzercise night, so I got to sweat out all of my frustration, and was in a pretty good mood when I got home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home