Monday, March 27, 2006

Ahh, another Monday

I'll try to keep it short, since the last couple of posts were pretty lengthy.

Found some new blogs to read- High Desert Diva's Dive and The Idle Receptionist. They are both very smart, snarky ladies, and they deserve a visit and a read.

This weekend was spent with hubby doing yard work. Took down a tree and a bunch of ugly shrubs, filled the truck bed four times. Scintillating, I know.

I've recently joined a few Yahoo groups, and they are working out swimmingly. One is a stay-at-home moms group- not much activity there. I've IMed with one of the moms several times. The rest are too Jesus-y for my tastes.

The crocheters group is awesome. I'm meeting with several of them on Wednesday at a local yarn/coffee store. Should be fun- they have lots to teach me. They are mostly older than I am, which is good. I don't share much in common with most chicks my age.

Also signed up for a group that I'm literally related to. A bunch of distant cousins are putting together genealogy and ancestry information for a book to be published. The ancestor we all share was an Italian farmer from Genoa who came here in the late 1700s and then joined in the Revolutionary War. Sweet! He had a total of 18 children with two wives, and of course these children have begat tons more all over the country. I've been able to IM with a pretty cool lady in Oregon that I'm distantly related to.

Remember, tomorrow is Recipe Tuesday! This week's installment: Bodacious Beef Stew.

Holla!

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, March 28, 2006, Blogger 0000 said...

Thanks for the plug, kid! ;o) Sorry about the yard work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home