Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Verfuckled

Wow, what a blogloser I am. March 15th already, and I haven't posted since the end of February.

Several lovely things to update with...I'll start with today and work backwards.

This morning was just peachy. I had my very first (and hopefully last) sclerotherapy treatment for a varicose vein on my left thigh. These fabulous purple veins run in my family, and become worse after childbearing. Since I'm attempting to get pregnant, I thought I'd get it taken care of now, especially since this one causes me discomfort when I'm standing. Sclerotherapy consists of numerous injections of a chemical irritant to the area. The needle stick is the smallest I've ever felt, but that ain't the bad part. When the doctor pushes that plunger, hang on. It burns like a sumbitch. But I gritted my teeth and took it like a skwerl.

Last Saturday was fun- I volunteered at PetSmart with the animal organization I've been with since last fall. It's total relaxation therapy, playing with puppies and dogs all day long. I love it. I'm going to another place this Saturday afternoon, an organization that provides low cost spaying and neutering.

I've joined a few Yahoo groups in the past few weeks, and they are turning out great. I found one of crocheters in my area, since I've been teaching myself to crochet. If things work out, I'll be meeting some of the women from the group at a little yarn shop/coffee shop near downtown on Saturday evening.

Another group I joined is a stay at home moms group in my area. Although I don't have any kids yet, I plan to be a SAHM. Well, actually, plan schman, I'm doing it! No one will be raising my babies except me and my husband. I've been IMing with one of the moms, and we are hitting it off.

If you're wondering about the post title, verfuckled is a faboo new word coined by another blogger, Og. I actually read about it on the blog of Velociman, who just happens to be my literary hero for all his fecundity of big words. I left a comment on his blog the other day that whenever I read him, I feel like I need a nap and a Gatorade. Yeah, it's that good.

Now that the past is taken care of, to the future: Aside from the crocheting coffee klatch in planning, I am scheduled to give blood on Saturday morning. Woo. And more fun with doctors next Monday, my annual poke and prod with the gyno.

Next week is just not looking good. After the poke and prod on Monday, I have Wednesday to deal with. For one, it's the first anniversary of my stepmom's death. Because my dad is kind of weird sometimes, I don't even know where in the cemetary her ashes were placed. (Grandma was in the hospital shortly after the funeral, and he didn't want to "bother" people with an interment thingy. Like I said, weirdo.)

After work Wednesday is a pretty much obligatory bridal shower for our operations manager at work. I wish I could skip it. It's not that I don't like this chick, I just don't feel like going. Plus, she and her HTB have committed three major etiquette faux pas: registration cards in the wedding invitation envelopes; they have registered for everything under the sun, including their honeymoon; and they registered like they don't own anything- they are living together in a house she owns, and certainly have a household set up already.

I mean, seriously. DH and I had a wedding registry while shacking up too, but we didn't use it as a household upgrade opportunity. We already had pans, dishes, towels, etc., and didn't try to cash in just because we were making it legit.

Oh da well.

And I'm looking for a new job. After two and a half years here, I'm so ready to move into my field (legal assistant). This company has issues, and they are legion. Add that to the facts that I'm doing accounting instead of legal work, there's no room for advancement, and that I've only gone up in pay once in two and half years, I doubt anyone will hold it against me.

Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, March 19, 2006, Blogger The Errant Cook said...

Ok, ok, technicality! Spider veins then!

And it looks fugly! I got a total of eight injections to the area. Oh, the burning!!!

 
At 10:30 PM, March 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've said 'great googly-moogly' like fourteen times! if your plan truly worked, i should have graduated by now.

i'm calling b-s...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home