Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Update now, recipe later

Update first...

Hubby and I made a German chocolate cake last night, to bring today for a coworker's birthday. Friday is Coworker's last day, and the other April birthdays are being celebrated next week. So I baked, and he stirred, and when all was said and done, we had a lovely two-layer cake with plenty of gooey homemade coconut and pecan frosting.

It's terribly difficult to not go dig in right now! But I can wait until after lunch, I guess. When I bake, I like to make everything from scratch. Many people I work with turn up their noses at anything homemade. *cough*jealousbitches*coughcough* Fark 'em all, more cake for me!

I've been pounding out resumes by email and fax, and consulting with staffing agencies, who are mostly worthless. Every one of them wants you to come in for an hour and a half, fill out scads of paperwork duplicating your farking resume, and take endless data entry, typing, and 10-key computer tests.

I have a job interview, finally. One of the staffing agencies (!) called me yesterday, telling me that they were sending my resume out to two law firms. One of them wants to meet me. Yay!

1 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, April 05, 2006, Blogger The Errant Cook said...

And it was indeed as tasty as it looked...DH did a marvelous job with the frosting, and I managed to make two 9" round layers without having huge domes in the centers. Nifty little trick, that...pulling batter up the sides a bit before it goes into the oven.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home