Monday, November 28, 2005

Magnetic Poems

I just gave a set of Wine Lover's Magnetic Poetry as a birthday gift to catlover926, and it prompted me to post some of my very own refrigerator compositions.

I have two sets of the magnetic words, the Shakespeare and Dog Lover versions. I have composed permanently installed poems to my beloved husband and three dogs. Here they are! (As none of the magnetic words are capitalized, and some plurals must be created with an "s" instead of "ies," etc., the versions here are slightly different than the ones on my fridge. I'm too picky about grammar to replicate such here. Deal with it!)

Any of my friends and family that visit my house are invited to create their own poem on my fridge.

Names of my dogs have been changed to protect them from being embarassed by their silly mama.

To my husband:

I dream of him at night
And then too in the morning
I feel him around me always
He is my love
And I am his squirrel

For Bubba:

Friend and animal
Favorite fur
Always faithful
Never afraid to protect without question
Happy with love
And a bone

For Woo:

Sweet girl
So seemly a lady
Graceful, beautiful
She is all dog
Belching and licking
Her butt

For Goose:

Little black pup
Dirty, hungry, dog-tired
Come hither
Say farewell to the perilous streets
Come eat, sleep, play
Discover a dream
And friends

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, December 01, 2005, Blogger Jack the Grey said...

interesting free association there...Like your musical tastes from teh previous posts also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home