Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My baby's first present

Our unborn baby received its first gift today!

A little explanation:

A lady in my crocheting group, Ruth, just happens to be the mother-in-law of one of my work friends, Becky. Several months ago, I gave Becky a bag of yarn to give to Ruth (before I joined the crochet group).

The yarn I gave her was from my late stepmother, Dianne. My dad had given me all of her crocheting hooks, yarn, pattern books, and partially started projects. There was more yarn than I had room for, so I gave some away to some girls at the office.

I had planned on asking my stepmom to teach me to crochet. She died before I was able to, on March 22, 2005. I've since learned a few things on my own, and joined a Yahoo group of local area crocheters.

Today, Becky brought me an adorable baby afghan Ruth made out of some of the yarn I gave her. It is a double-strand afghan, made from a cream, rose, and emerald variegated yarn. It is beautiful.

On the package, Ruth wrote, "Using Grandma's yarn."

I was a blubbery mess for a few minutes. I will definitely treasure this blanket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home