Friday, May 12, 2006

What does honesty mean to you?

JKrew poses an inneresting question on his blog today: What does honesty mean to you? Read his post here.

My response in his comments section:

In my opinion, white lies are never white. They're always grey, and inevitably can turn black on you.

Honesty is the best policy, with few exceptions. I've found over the past few years that if I just own it, the consequences are much better than if I fudge it. I've seen proof of that from my boss at work- he appreciates that I can bring my mistake to his attention, and show that I'm already on top of a fix. He now trusts me much more than some others here.

I told my husband for the first time today that I shoplifted beads from a craft store when I was younger. He had always been completely honest with me about his theft of a video game at age 12...I figured I should display the same soul-baring. He is my spouse and whatnot, not to mention my Baby Daddy.

The person you share your bed with should also get full benefit of your heart and soul.


What's your take? Are white lies harmless? Does the maxim "Everyone does it" mean something is okay?

1 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, May 14, 2006, Blogger Mighty Dyckerson said...

Skwerly, I robbed a liquor store at gunpoint last week to help pay for my crack addiction. Oh, and I'm sleeping with your sister.

Whew, I'm glad I can be honest with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home