Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Random Random Eleven

The gauntlet is thrown! Elisson hath challenged me to do a Random Random Ten, and I hath answered. But forsooth...I am doing a Random Random ELEVEN! Ha!

What are you listening to right now? Obviously, my computer is in a semi-electronic mood today.

1. Ben Folds - "Prison Food"
2. Paperboy - "Ditty"
3. Mirwais - "Disco Science"
4. Kid Koala - "Flu Season"
5. Brazilian Girls - "Long"
6. Tori Amos - "China"
7. Faithless - "If Lovin' You Is Wrong"
8. Chicago - "Beginnings"
9. Better Than Ezra - "Good"
10. Ray Charles - "A Fool For You"
11. Stephen Speaks - "Out Of My League"

I just love this song:

It's her hair and her eyes today
that just simply take me away
and the feeling that I'm falling further in love
makes me shiver
but in a good way

All the times I have sat and stared
as she thoughtfully thumbs through her hair,
as she purses her lips, bats her eyes,
and she plays with me,
sitting there slack-jawed and nothing to say

'Cause I love her with all that I am
and my voice shakes along with my hands
'cause she's all that I see and she's all that I need
and I'm out of my league once again

It's a masterful melody
when she calls out my name to me
As the world spins around her, she laughs, rolls her eyes
and I feel like I'm falling but it's no surprise 'cause

I love her with all that I am
and my voice shakes along with my hands
'cause it's frightening to be
swimming in this strange sea
but I'd rather be here than on land

Yes, she's all that I see and she's all that I need
and I'm out of my league once again

2 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, July 11, 2006, Blogger Lobster Boy said...

is that the Paperboys from Seattle area?

Lobster Boy

 
At 7:30 AM, July 12, 2006, Blogger The Errant Cook said...

No sir, it's a one hit wonder rapper from the early 90's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home